You already know about The Bitch List that we’re doing.
Got strong female characters/Bechdel Test passing screenplay? Tweet it with
Reps & producers, having a client who’s aware of female audiences/knows how to address them = more $ in the long run.
Our friends in Sweden sent us this. We endeavor to help more Bechdel Test passing screenplays become films, so they can be shown at Bio Rio & many other theaters around the world!
Here is the list of films that played there in 2013:
- La vie d’Adèle, Abdellatif Kechiche (French)
- Återträffen, Anna Odell (Swedish)
- Hotell, Lisa Langseth (Swedish)
- We are best, Lukas Moodysson (Swedish)
- Before Midnight, Richard Linklater (US)
- Elle s’en va, Emmanuelle Bercot (French)
- L’écume des jours, Michel Gondry (French)
- In a World, Lake Bell (US)
- Mig äger ingen, Kjell-Åke Andersson (Swedish)
- My Stolen Revolution, Nahid Persson Sarvestani (Swedish doc)
- Philomena, Stephen Frears (British)
- Broken, Rufus Norris (British)
- Faro, Fredrik Edfeldt (Swedish)
- Wadjda, Haifaa Al-Mansour (Saudi Arabia)
- Foxfire, Laurent Cantet (Canada/French/US)
- Ginger och Rosa, Sally Potter (Brittish)
- Hannah Arendth, Margarethe von Trotta (Germany)
- Jagten, Thomas Vinterberg (Danish)
- Monica Z, Per Fly (Swedish)
- De dansande andarnas skog, Linda Västrik (Swedish doc)
If you haven’t already seen them, put them on your viewing list. #WhatWeWantToWatch
Thank you so much, Ellen Tejle and team.
Come find out more about it at Samuel French and meet some wonderful writers:
We also have these going on for whoever would like to share:
From reading blogs and online magazines, we know what viewers and professional critics don’t want to watch.
We see a lot of film and television reviews about what’s being done that people find “wrong”.
We’d rather know what you do want to see, so tell us on Twitter.
Looking forward to your responses.
We challenge people out there to make skits about how to prevent #LadyonLadyCrime .
Please film them and send them to us or alert us about the link. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women should not bully other women.
#LadyonLadyCrime is an issue experienced in the entertainment field, as well as many other ones.
Here’s a video that is featured on Bitch Flicks with our video.
Rachel Simmons has ideas on how to prevent #LadyonLadyCrime.
Appalling: the un-professional behavior of a so-called screenplay consultant who wants to sell screenwriting advice books, from a town called Exeter who thinks it’s appropriate to “face palm” an organization run by ethnic minority women who disagree with her about naming characters “typical names” according to “their race/class”.
#LadyonLadyCrime & human on human generalizing and dehumanizing
.. Say they live in different “lands”
Why these topics need to be discussed by “some writers of ethnic minorities”?
It’s nonsense to generalize people of entire races/classes.
It’s audacious to think a writer should decide what is “typical” of another race:
A typical Asian woman’s name is _______
A typical Asian man’s name is _________
A typical Black person’s name is _______
A typical Hispanic male’s name is _______
A typical Latina’s name is _______
A typical Native American name is ________
or a typical poor [insert race]’s name is ________
See hashtag: #NoThisIsBullshit #WhitePrivilege
This is like saying all ___ people look the same or are cheap or ___ or ___